Sunday, December 11, 2011

Productive Vacation

Last month, I worked like crazy at my programming job, helping my wife with her new office, and to finish up "Where the Heavens Meet the Earth" volume one of my sword and sorcery series "the Temple of the Traveler" -- crazy busy. Time for a break, right?

I just went on a 7 day Caribbean Disney cruise with my family. I intended to finish the last 6 chapters and read a few books. But I hit a problem with the geography of the final temple. That's something I needed internet access for. Since I only had paper and pen, instead of finishing the one I'm on, I handwrote 106 pages of the sequel to Jezebel. Normally, a start like this take 6-8 weeks.I got key plot points, boy meets girl, main conflict, and the UN astronaut school. It just wouldn't stop flowing. Wow, that felt great. Even better, I have the rest of the month off.

No comments:

Post a Comment