- Introduced me to the Chicago Style Manual
- Showed me a few more comma cornercases (without stating the grammar rule I violated)
- Combined compound words into one in about 50 places
- Saved me from about 25 embarassing mistakes like Ray said to Ray (that my 7 proofreaders missed)
- Got me to better explain the action in about 10 places. I need more signposts
- I found about 45 mistakes in her edits.
- When I said that Aaron doesn't use contractions all the time, the editor got rid of them all for me (after the second chapter). He sounds like a Romanian now. I don't want people hearing Count Dracula when they read my story.
- It did not take my writing to the next level. This is all there is--the Wizard of Oz has given me my diploma.
Thank God my wife is supportive.