Thursday, July 14, 2011

the Flood

Foundation for the Lost is officially published in e-book (with age warning removed)! The first ten review copies have "sold". I got the proof copy for the print on demand today and fixed two one word typos.

Scarab has been reduced in price to get more traffic (and spread the sample chapters).
Icarus is shipping to ebook as soon as Tammy looks it over one last time for the techno-babble factor. It's fifty-five pages, but it moves fast.

Jezebel is almost done with the first draft. At 113.7K words, I have about five chapters to go. I just wrote a really cool farewell scene for one of the supporting characters. Only two more chapters to insert and the rest is just kind of wrapping up the loose ends (or denoument as the French say). It was my first female lead, and I think she's one of the most kick butt heroes I've ever had.

What's next: I usually set my first draft aside for a few weeks. I do an outline and then edit for extraneous matter. I generally cut 10 percent or so. That should put the final length at a respectable 107K. Then I fine edit on a line by line basis. Then other people get to read it for big picture changes. Third person line edits come next, and lastly I comb over it for the final formatting changes, etc.  Most of this depends on the time contribution of others I have no control over.

During the set aside period, I intend to prepare another book for publication -- the Temple of the Traveler. It's a completely constructed world. I wrote it for Eos before Devi left.

I finished the first draft of a podio episode of Scarab. That's something else I can do in my "spare" time.

No comments:

Post a Comment