Monday, May 9, 2011

I woke up and it was pouring

We were scheduled to wake up at 7:30 with the kids this morning, as my wife was driving them in. At 6:30, the weather woke us - window rattling thunder and buckets of rain. The kids grabbed chairs and watched our pond from the diningroom window.

It feels like that with writing today. Weston only has about 10 chapters left to edit  for Foundation for the Lost. I need to hurry up and finish the diagrams. Because when he's done, the whole thing goes to CreateSpace for them to do their magic.  The word count is back up to almost 125K. I'm hoping they teach me a thing or two for the price of "tuition".

I've reached the half-way point in "Jezebel's Ladder", completing the climax to part one.
I got my free copy of "Persistent Illusions" from Joseph Devon for finding a typo in "Probability Angels."

Meanwhile, the my welcome packet for Operation e-Book Drop arrived - 6 pages of email addresses, and more every few days. I need to get my new cover installed and add some sample chapters of Foundation to the end. I'll look at the complaint about the lawyer being too superman, but he's supposed to be the fairy godfather to Ethan's Cinderella.

The new Scarab cover looks professional (watermarked sample below). I wanted to go with the same symbolic jewelry look as before, with the beetle pushing the sun across the sky. Renee added a nice computer/predator invisibility touch to the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment